cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Reducing the number of POM artifacts in trunk
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 13:38:08 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> There is one question: In my opinion we have too many parent poms. The
> configurator is a child of the core-configuration which is a child of
> core which is a child of Cocoon which is a child of the apache root pom.
> Is there any way to simplify this?

Yes I know, that's a real PITA. One option is making
org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core-modules being the parent of all core modules and
org.apache.cocoon:blocks being the parent of all blocks. (I don't want to reduce
these two POM modules either as they are needed for the site generation.)

But, I don't know if this can cause any problems if the logical hierarchy is
different to the directory structure. Does anybody know? Jorg?

But maybe we should just try it out ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc