cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Planing Cocoon Core 2.2 M3
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:56:05 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Daniel and Carsten have been investing a lot of time and work into splitting up
>> core into smaller pieces and they have also started to transform Avalon
>> components into POJOs. The question now is where to draw the line. When is
>> everything being considered stable enough (interfaces, classes being in the
>> right modules) to be released as release candidate and what should better go
>> into point releases or 3.0? Can we render a list of finite tasks?
>>
>> As discussed some weeks ago, I would like to release Cocoon Core 2.2 M3 by the
>> end of the month and have a first release candidate in February.
>>
>> Comments?
>>
> I want to release the spring-configurator in the middle of January

What will it be labeled? I guess 1.0-RC1?
At http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g4/g1/1199.html you
should find everything explained for the actual release work.

> , so
> I'm currently testing and working on the docs.

Do you need help with the Daisy setup (see the how-to section of
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/1201.html)? If yes, just let me know!

> Apart from that, the ongoing work of splitting up and transforming
> avalon components into Pojos will take a long time, but should/will at
> no point of time prevent us from releasing something.

ok. Then I plan for a release of M3 in about 4 weeks. It would be great if there
are no major refactorings around the release date.

> It would be great to have a final 2.2 version out before ApacheCon EU,
> so the earlier we can have a m3 the better.

seems to be feasible but after the long history of 2.2 ... ;-)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc