cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <>
Subject Re: Planing Cocoon Core 2.2 M3
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:40:35 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Daniel and Carsten have been investing a lot of time and work into splitting up
> core into smaller pieces and they have also started to transform Avalon
> components into POJOs. The question now is where to draw the line. When is
> everything being considered stable enough (interfaces, classes being in the
> right modules) to be released as release candidate and what should better go
> into point releases or 3.0? Can we render a list of finite tasks?
> As discussed some weeks ago, I would like to release Cocoon Core 2.2 M3 by the
> end of the month and have a first release candidate in February.
> Comments?
I want to release the spring-configurator in the middle of January, so
I'm currently testing and working on the docs.

Apart from that, the ongoing work of splitting up and transforming
avalon components into Pojos will take a long time, but should/will at
no point of time prevent us from releasing something.

It would be great to have a final 2.2 version out before ApacheCon EU,
so the earlier we can have a m3 the better.

Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect

View raw message