cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: RCL difficulties (was Re: Input modules samples broken in trunk)
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:16:03 GMT

On Jan 10, 2007, at 2:50 PM, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Don't know how rcl work, it is mainly for recompiling Java classes on
> the fly IIUC.

Yes... what got me thinking RCL was this thread:

> For resources it works as you want OOTB, if you run from Eclipse. What
> is important is that you run "mvn eclipse:eclipse" from top level. If
> you do that (and import the needed projectts into Eclipse), you can
> just run the Eclipse Jetty plugin and change the resources in the
> blocks and get result immediately. If you instead run eclipse:eclipse
> from within a project, you will instead get the installed jars in your
> Maven repository as dependencies and the you have to rebuild and
> restart.

OK, thanks... I'll try it.

> It is also important to have -Dorg.apache.cocoon.mode=develop as
> argument to the Jetty launcher, otherwise the tree processor will not
> reload the resources when they change.

JOOC, where's that implmented?

Anyway... for whoever's interested, it seems like setting up
cocoon-webapp for the RCL did not work as advertised for me, maybe I
was doing something wrong?  In any case I'll be moving on to try my
luck with the Eclipse Jetty plugin.

Thx a lot,
—ml—