cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Changes to CForms in 2.1.11-dev
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:07:52 GMT
Hi Ralph

It depends on what you do in your application and how.

If you do lots of custom rendering, have written your own CForms
Widgets, stuff like that, then yes, it will probably have an impact.
If your application uses the standard rendering pipelines, standard
widgets etc. then the impact is likely to be nil, or small.

The most likely effect it will have is on forms where the user has
specified a specific dojo widget in their template, instead of having
the rendering pipelines produce it for them. They'd have to add the
correct namespace prefix.

Some of the newer widgets like CFormsRepeater,
CFormsDragAndDropRepeater etc. do not have XSLT that generates them
from CForms stylings.

eg.
     <ft:repeater id="contacts">
select="select">
             . . .

would become :
     <ft:repeater id="contacts">
select="select">
             . . .

IMHO this is a small price to pay for the advantages the new codebase
will bring.

regards Jeremy