cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <>
Subject Re: Extension of PropertiesFileModule
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:39:17 GMT

On Jan 24, 2007, at 5:35 AM, Nicole Hochleiter wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to extend the PropertiesFileModule (in fact I already have
> implemented my
> own Version of the class and use it). But I wonder if the community
> would like
> to have this extension in the project:
> instead of only reading one file to one name I read several files
> which can
> contain the same properties and the last one in the list is taken.
> This is interesting e.g. if you have a and a
> file where in the default you can define the default values and if a
> local
> installation needs to add specific properties or only specific values
> this can
> be configured in the which overwrite the default.

Hi Nicole,

In terms of the current code base, for overriding one properties file
with another the most parsimonious solution is to instantiate a
ChainMetaModule in cocoon.xconf.  Declare it to chain two
PropertiesFileModule instances — first the one for,
then the one for  No new classes required :-)

But maybe it will be felt that supporting multiple properties files in
a single output module is desirable — in that case, it might be better
to just enhance PropertiesFileModule rather than add an additional

View raw message