cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Too many emails from Daisy
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:12:18 GMT
On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 07:54 +0100, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Although the title of this email might look like spam, it's not spam but
> > it is about spam :)
> >
> > It seems that Daisy is sending changes emails over and over again to the
> > docs mailing list. Does anyone know why
>
> yes, whenever it is restarted, the mail queue is worked off again. I guess it is
> a bug of the particular milestone release that we use as I don't see this
> behaviour in my company's Daisy instances which run on Daisy 1.5.1.
>
> > and more important how to stop this?
>
> no idea, I would do it if I had an idea. Bruno?

As Steven pointed out, it's probably some problem caused by ActiveMQ
resending messages.

I'd suggest you (or I) stop the repository server, drop the tables in
the activemq database, and restart the repository server. The problem
will probably re-occur after a while, but at least this should remove
most of the problem for now.

I don't think upgrading Daisy will change much about this problem, we'll
have a closer look at it in the next days/week.