cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: cforms dojo updates: calendar, help and validation messages, multivalue editor
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:47:48 GMT
On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 18:34 +0100, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Bruno Dumon napisaƂ(a):
> > On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 17:39 +0100, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> >

> > I think you forgot your [1] link.
> >
> Sorry, here it goes:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.user/59615
> I'm aware that this particular problem has other reason that need to
> be fixed but this shows exactly what happens were there is no js.
> > All the things I've changed were already Javascript based, so I see
> > little problems there. It's of course possible to override the default
> > XSLs to do something non-javascript based.
> >
> I know, but AFAIR before dojo transition if js had failed to load
> validation still have been displayed. Or it wasn't the case then?

Ah yes. That could be easily fixed by adding the validation error icon
as part of the widget-defining element (i.e. the element that gets
replaced by the dojo widget).

> What is more important, if there is any agreement on treating this
> kind of issues? Should we just require JS for Forms or try create html
> output that easily fallbacks if there is no js? Is it possible and
> worth the effort?

Some stuff simply requires javascript (popups, datepickers, etc). But
you're right that the validation error icon should always be displayed,
even if the js fails to load. Not sure if you want more than this?