cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject WildcardMatcherHelper caching issue
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 12:45:54 GMT
Hi,

I noticed the new WildcardMatcherHelper class holds an internal static
map for caching. In the older solution, it was up to the caller to cache
the compiled pattern (similar to how regexp libraries work). This had
the advantage that the caller itself can decide whether the pattern
should be cached. It also avoids a potential memory leak if this code is
used to evaluate always-changing patterns, and avoids the need to do
hashmap lookups.

So I'm wondering if anyone would mind if I change it back so that caller
caches the pattern?

Thanks for any input.