cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist <lundquist.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [graphics] Masthead artwork for cocoon.apache.org
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:29:35 GMT

On Jan 19, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>> On 19.01.2007 12:01, Jeroen Reijn wrote:
>>> wow great designs Thien! I really like 2-4.
>>> #3 has a nice touch with the 'blocks', but somehow #4 was the first
>>> one that appealed to me. It's kind of playfull and dreamy. I really
>>> like it.
>> It's a bit too dreamy IMO. :-) I prefer #2 and #3.
>
> Same here.
>
>>> Great job!
>> +1
>
> +1
>
> Vadim

Same here, I would say #2 is my favorite, followed by #3.

Really nice work Thien, thanks a lot!

Helma, your comments cracked me up... because #4 struck me as too
cartoony, and I was also going to describe it as "like WinXP meets
Teletubbies" :-) :-)

My only quibble about #2.... I have always disliked that phrase "web
glue for your web application development needs".  Maybe I just don't
have positive associations with glue; anyway, when I work with Cocoon
it does not particularly feel like I am working with something gluey.
The qualities of glueyness are not ones that one associates with a
framework.  "Glue" IMHO doesn't harmonize well with the idea of
"contracts", which Cocoon pushes a little bit (maybe not quite as much
now as in the past, but IMHO that's a good thing).  The #2 design
incorporating that text sort of elevates this phrase to the level of a
slogan, which I don't like.  OTOH, I think something needs to go there
:-).. the design now would, to my eye, look incomplete without it!
Some kind of text, but what?

anyway, great stuff, thx again!
:-)

—ml—