cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gary Larsen" <gary.lar...@envisn.com>
Subject Continuation exception - 2.1.10 upgrade
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:16:04 GMT
I apologize for the post to the dev list.  I've been working at this strange
behavior for two days and have run out of things to try.  I'd appreciate any
tips on how to locate or work around the problem.

The first time in a session that a submit or action widget is clicked it
throws a continuation exception due to currentCall in
FOM_Cocoon.jsGet_request() being null.  After that exception, the widget
buttons work as expected.

But, if I go to a form for the first time, hit the back button on the
browser, and go to the form again, the buttons work OK!

This has been working fine in 2.1.7 but I want to use newer xml libraries,
hence the upgrade.

I haven't been able to reproduce the exception in the samples, so I guess
it's a config/initialize problem or the samples don't cover my form
processing.  My forms are processed with flow script and use <fb> binding.

Is it possible the session is not being initialized properly?  I found some
cocoon sample flow script that used cocoon.createSession() but this appears
not to be valid call.

As a work around, is it possible to do a form.showForm() in background or
just have it redirect to another matcher to simulate the browser back
button? (my ignorance probably showing:-)

Below are some details. Thanks for any pointers,
Gary

Exception occurs at this point in the sitemap:

  <map:match pattern="*.continue">
    <map:call continuation="{1}"/>
  </map:match>

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Sitemap: error calling continuation
	at <map:call> -
file:/C:/work/netvisn-server/webapps/netvisn/sitemap.xmap:1103:64
Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped
java.lang.NullPointerException
(resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript/Form.js#209)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.jsGet_request(FO
M_Cocoon.java:577)

The only other thing unusual in the log is this exception at Tomcat
shutdown:

INFO  [main] catalina.session.ManagerBase 2007-01-24 16:55:10,234 - Cannot
serialize session attribute FOM JavaScript GLOBAL
SCOPE/file:/C:/work/netvisn-server/webapps/netvisn/sitemap.xmap for session
C35B93DAD99DB250D8394FA3CDEAB5E7
java.io.NotSerializableException: org.mozilla.javascript.LazilyLoadedCtor