cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Properties, Re: Cocoon 2.2 Samples Setting MultipartFilter Max Upload Size
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:33:20 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Luca Morandini schrieb:
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>> Yes, you're right. Hmm, perhaps we should load properties from
>>> WEB-INF/classes last. I'll have a look at that as well.
>> Last ? Hmm... I'm not sure I got you point.
>>
> Yepp, the properties system works in the way that the last definition
> wins. And this means that project-wide stuff has to be loaded last.

So, the chain you propose is (sorted by order of loading):
1) WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/cocoon/properties (block-wide stuff).
2) WEB-INF/classes/cocoon/properties (project-wide stuf).

In truth, I don't find the use of "classes" for configuration stuff done
outside JARs particularly intuitive... I'd rather stick with
WEB-INF/cocoon/properties.

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it