cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Luca Morandini <lmorand...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Properties, Re: Cocoon 2.2 Samples Setting MultipartFilter Max Upload Size
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:02:38 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>> This raises the question if we need this? I think we should readd the
>>> support for reading properties from WEB-INF/cocoon/properties.
>> IIRC we mentioned putting those into
>>
>> WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/cocoon/properties
>>
> Yes, you're absolutely right! This brings back my memory :)
>
> So, there is no need for WEB-INF/cocoon/properties.

Remember to update the comments in the source code of
SettingsBeanFactoryPostProcessor.java then, because they still state
that WEB-INF/cocoon/properties is supported in the fall-back chain of
properties loading.

One issue, though: since the property loading mechanism uses
"classpath:°" protocol, property files are read in alphabetical order,
which means I might have my per-project properties ruined by the
addition of a block, unless I call them zzzz.properties.

This was neatly solved by the use of WEB-INF/cocoon/properties, since it
was loaded after the "classpath:*" chain.

Regards,

    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it