cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [graphics] Masthead artwork for cocoon.apache.org
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 08:06:38 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>  3. PNG scaling == big problems.
>  4. Thien normally works with Illustrator, and handing over SVG instead
>     of rendered PNG is not a big deal.

I see your point. Well as long as Thien is happy in the end that's fine
then :)

<Off-Topic>
Thien: how good is Illustrators SVG output nowadays? I had to process
its output once and remember having to manually clean up each file to
stop Batik from barfing during rendering. The way it embedded fonts,
used custom elements and namespaces etc seemed to completely confuse the
renderer. This was 4 years ago though, so i'm just curious to see if
batik and illustrator have evolved since then ;)
</Off-Topic>

Cheers,
Jorg