cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon staging repository & Cocoon root POM
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:44:52 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Currently we have following configuration in our root POM:
>
>  <repository>
>    <id>cocoon-staging-repo</id>
>    <name>staging release repository</name>
> <url>scpexe://people.apache.org/home/jheymans/public_html/cocoon-staging-repository</url>

>  </repository>
> I guess that it isn't the best idea to use Jorg's home directory as
> staging repository, is it? But what would be a better location for this
> on people.apache.org?

+1, but not so important IMO as it's only a staging repository IMO.

> One question to the move of all artifacts from our staging repository to
> the Apache sync repository: Is it really as simple as doing "mv
> cocoon-staging-repository m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository"?

The only concern would be the metadata.xml, but as we established a few
months ago that file is only used by maven for finding out about
snapshots. Release versions are looked up directly. So IMO yes releasing
is really as simple as mv staging -> rsync.

Jorg