cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: i18nTransformer problems with static pages
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:35:56 GMT
On 12/5/06, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:

> > You should add an extra stylesheet that removes superfluous namespace
> > attributes. This is what I've done:
>
> I used to use this strategy as well, though recently I replaced this xsl transformer
with a custom StripNameSpacesTransformer (about just 10 lines), which outperforms the slow
xsl transformation a factor 30 for small xml docs, over hundreds of times for bigger xml docs.
I am not sure if it is already available in cocoon in some transformer.

> If somebody is interested in the code, I can attach it,

Instead of requiring that an extra transformer be added to the
pipeline would it make sense to add this capability as a configuration
option on the HTML/XHTML serializers?

--
Peter Hunsberger