cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: delete WildcardHelper from 2.1.x (was [2.1.10] WildcardHelperTestCase fails)
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 22:11:46 GMT

On Dec 8, 2006, at 1:38 PM, Alfred Nathaniel wrote:

> Here we go:  I propose to delete the obsolete
> BRANCH_2_1_X/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching/helpers/
> WildcardHelper.java and the related test case.
>
> Please cast your votes.

+1

(non-binding, if that matters for this vote :-)

WildcardHelper is not part of a published API, so IMHO anyone that
depends on it knows that they do so at their own risk.  Alfred says
it's easy to switch to WildcardMatcherHelper, and if it were really
true that someone out there is actually relying on bugs of
WildcardMatcher,  they could always exhume the source code and copy it
to their own package, and keep using it that way.

cheers,
—ml—