cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building changes into the top level sitemap
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:15:36 GMT

On 5 Dec 2006, at 13:42, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> I have tried to compile this in, but it never becomes available to
>> the
>> samples.
>>
>> I tried running $ mvn package in both :
>
> You probably have to use 'mvn install' as 'mvn package' only build
> the jar in you target folder of
> the block whareas you'll need it to be installed into your local
> repository so other parts of the
> build system can take them from there.

OK, Thanks, I am trying that now .....

Getting NPEs from org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpack
(AbstractWarMojo.java:704) now while trying to run $ mvn install or $
mvn package in dists/cocoon-dist-samples/

Trying a complete clean install from scratch.

(Why does this happen in such an unpredictable way ?)

>>     core/cocoon-webapp/
>>     dists/cocoon-dist-samples/
>>
>> Neither results in the changes happening to the file at :
>>
>>     dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples/sitemap.xmap
>>
>> TBH I find this new build system so deeply opaque, I do not know
>> where
>> to start solving this.
>
> Read the Maven Manuals as you've read the Ant one years ago :-)

Excuse the mild sarcasm, but I never actually had to read the Ant
manual to develop for Cocoon 2.1
:-)

Thanks for your reply

regards Jeremy