cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building changes into the top level sitemap
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:08:47 GMT

On 5 Dec 2006, at 13:42, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> I have tried to compile this in, but it never becomes available to
>> the
>> samples.
>>
>> I tried running $ mvn package in both :
>
> You probably have to use 'mvn install' as 'mvn package' only build
> the jar in you target folder of
> the block whareas you'll need it to be installed into your local
> repository so other parts of the
> build system can take them from there.

Ever since I ran $ mvn install in core/cocoon-webapp/, I cannot get $
mvn package to work in dists/cocoon-dist-samples/.

No matter how many times I run it (I also went back and did a
complete clean install from root) I get this from the build :

[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpack
(AbstractWarMojo.java:704)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.unpackWarToTempDirectory
(AbstractWarMojo.java:680)
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildWebapp
(AbstractWarMojo.java:600)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.war.AbstractWarMojo.buildExplodedWebapp
(AbstractWarMojo.java:379)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.AbstractDeployMojo.deployMonolithicCoco
onAppAsWebapp(AbstractDeployMojo.java:182)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.maven.deployer.DeployExplodedMojo.execute
(DeployExplodedMojo.java:64)
         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
322)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
(Launcher.java:315)
         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
(Launcher.java:430)

And of course I don't have a clue where to start looking .....

regards Jeremy