cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject [2.2] Debugging and inplace editing
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:46:49 GMT
Hi,

I found three tutorials on the internet about how to debug Maven web
applications in Eclipse. All three seem to work to debug Cocoon 2.2 in
Eclipse as well (first very basic tests). Here are the links, maybe it's
worth linking to them from the Cocoon 2.2 documentation.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Debugging+with+the+Maven+Jetty+Pl
ugin+inside+Eclipse

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Dealing+with+Eclipse-based+ID

http://mahertb.blogspot.com/2006/08/debugging-maven-web-application-with
.html

I'm also wondering if there is a way for the jetty plugin to work on the
webapp source directory directly (src/main/resources/COB-INF) instead of
copying stuff to target/my-block-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/. For me, it's not
really an option to stop/rebuild/start for every sitemap change,
flowscript change, etc. Changing sources under
target/my-block-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and copying them back to the source
directory isn't really an option for me either.

Does someone have a good idea about how to do this?

Thanks,
Bart.