cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with writing sitemap components as spring beans
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:41:43 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> The label has nothing to do with component configuration, so I'd avoid
> putting it into the components.

Yes, you're right.

>>> and the label is the name after the slash, in this case "mySerializer". It's
not
>>> the most elegant way but with C3 we can reconsider it.
>>>
>> The label is not the component name (or type) - the label is used for
>> the cocoon-view feature, e.g. the file generator has the label "content".
>
> Exactly. Isn't it possible to add some additional attribute cocoon:label
> (or similar) and handle this in a special Cocoon BeanFactory? If there
> is nothing like that I wonder how you want to manage pipeline specific
> data at all. It would probably be necessary to extend the component
> interfaces with additional methods for retrieving such attributes (e.g.
> getLabel()).

Hmm, perhaps we could use the spring authoring functionality (like we do
for setting up Cocoon) and provide some element (don't quote me on the
syntax right now, this is just a rough idea):
<bean name="my.pac.kage.NiceGenerator">
  ..<!-- Configuration -->..
  <cocoon:sitemap-component name="nice" label="content"/>
</bean>

I think this is possible by creating a proxy around the generator with
the special sitemap support.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect