cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: svn commit: r490536 - in /cocoon/trunk/core: cocoon-common/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/ cocoon-common/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/util/location/ cocoon-core/ cocoon-core/src/main/java/org/apache/cocoon/ cocoon-core/src/main/java/org/apache/coco...
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 10:55:25 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> danielf@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: danielf
>> Date: Wed Dec 27 08:47:40 2006
>> New Revision: 490536

>> Log:
>> Moving the pipeline implementations to the cocoon-pipeline-impl module. To make this
possible the caching package is moved to cocoon-pipeline and split into API and implementation.
The components.sax and part of xml and xml.dom packages are moved to the cocoon-xml-impl package.
The xml APIs from cocoon-pipeline-api are moved to cocoon-xml-api. Some utility classes are
moved from cocoon-core as well.

> I'm not that happy with moving stuff to cocoon-xml :)
> My idea of the cocoon-xml stuff is to have a very small and simple xml
> package you can use in every web application (like the spring module).
> Therefore I would like to add only really needed stuff and more
> important have as less dependencies as possible. So I want to avoid any
> dependency (either from api or impl) to any of the avalon/excalibur stuff.
> For example with a Cocoon 3.0 we will (perhaps) cut all dependencies to
> Avalon. If we start today with providing new stuff that is not dependent
> on excalibur, the migration can start earlier and will be easier.

OK, I can move the xml stuff that I moved to cocoon-xml to
cocoon-pipeline instead. Then later when we pojofy (or springify) the
xml stuff we can move generally useful stuff with few dependencies to
cocoon-xml.

/Daniel