cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with writing sitemap components as spring beans
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:39:44 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> we could provide an abstract parent bean definition
> (http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/beans.html#beans-child-bean-definitions).

Yes, but this would also mean that all implementations inherit from an
abstract class we provide. This is not a big deal, I guess we can live
with that.

>>> and the label is the name after the slash, in this case "mySerializer". It's
not
>>> the most elegant way but with C3 we can reconsider it.
>>>
>> The label is not the component name (or type) - the label is used for
>> the cocoon-view feature, e.g. the file generator has the label "content".
>
> argh, right. I could live without it as I always define labels within pipelines.
> But I guess that in more complicated setups this could be impractical, right?

So far, I've only seen people using labels for debugging pipelines which
is really not what it was intended for (I think we should provide a
better alternative for debugging pipelines anyway). If it would be me,
we could forget about views completly (they are not inherited to sub
sitemaps, can easily be a security problem etc.)

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de