cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with writing sitemap components as spring beans
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 08:45:55 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> What's wrong with property injection? (I'm asking because you certainly know
>> about it ;-) ):
>>
>> <bean name="o.a.c.s.s/mySerializer">
>>    <property name="mime-type" value="text/xml"/>
>> </bean>
>
> The current sitemap features do not require the component implementation
> to have support for a mime-type (or a label), so they don't need to have
> a property for that.
> We could use properties for that, with the (minimal) cost of forcing
> each implementation to take care of it.

we could provide an abstract parent bean definition
(http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/beans.html#beans-child-bean-definitions).

>> and the label is the name after the slash, in this case "mySerializer". It's not

>> the most elegant way but with C3 we can reconsider it.
>>
> The label is not the component name (or type) - the label is used for
> the cocoon-view feature, e.g. the file generator has the label "content".

argh, right. I could live without it as I always define labels within pipelines.
But I guess that in more complicated setups this could be impractical, right?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc