cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Releasing our spring module
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:23:08 GMT
I think you are comparing apples and oranges.  Personally, I think there
would be a lot of interest in anything related to Spring. I know I do
for what I am doing at work. However, it would be much easier,
politically as well as practically, to leverage it if was outside of Cocoon.

As for Excalibur, I'm not sure if you are really referring to the Avalon
problems or if you consider the current Excalibur to have failed - even
though it isn't quite dead as I still get emails from time to time.  If
it is really Excalibur you are referring to then I would suggest that
that is just a case of the Java world finding a better alternative.
That isn't a "failure" - after all Cocoon has successfully leveraged it
for years. It is just normal software evolution.

So what if Cocoon ends up being the only user of this?  The point is
that it will probably never be leveraged outside of Cocoon until it is
split off.

Ralph