cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Trunk broken?
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 19:36:50 GMT
On 27.12.2006 19:05, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> I removed our own implementation in favour of Spring's
>> RequestContextHolder. The attributes are used to keep track of poolable
>> components and to release them when the request is finished.
>> Therefore you should add the Spring's request context listener to your
>> web.xml (I added it to web.xml in svn); this listener requires servlet
>> spec 2.4.
>
> For some reasons the use of the
> org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener caused
> this exception:
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: No thread-bound request found: Are you
> referring to request attributes outside of an actual web request? If you
> are actually operating within a web request and still receive this
> message,your code is probably running outside of
> DispatcherServlet/DispatcherPortlet: In this case, use
> RequestContextListener or RequestContextFilter to expose the current
> request.

That's the descriptive exception I talked about when
RequestContextHolder does actually not hold a RequestAttributes
instance. It's caused by the mentioned null check instead of the NPE you
got.

If you use web.xml as is (the one you committed, [1]) the Listener does
not work because of servlet 2.3 while you need 2.4. IIRC we decided to
switch to 2.4, so it would be better to change the DTD/schema
declaration to 2.4 in that web.xml.

Regards
Jörg

[1]