cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Releasing our spring module
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:39:55 GMT
As you might have noticed I refactored our core in the last days a
little bit. The main change is the extracting of our Spring based
configuration stuff (the settings object, support for running modes,
reading of properties, reading configuration files directly from the
classpath etc.) and making it independent from the Cocoon web framework
part.

You can find this in the new core-spring module. It has only a
dependency on the core-configuration stuff (and spring of course).

I think we should do some marketing about this stuff as it is a really
useful piece of software which you can use in *every* spring based web
project. So if you are using e.g. spring with JSF you can use our spring
module for the configuration stuff as well! And you could even - hold
your breath - use this with Cocoon 2.1.x of course. And it brings you a
standarized way of handling running modes and properties with Spring.

So I would like to combine the current three modules (configuration-api,
configuration-impl and spring) into one single module (or two if people
prefer separating the public stuff in this case as well) and then
release this as a 1.0 version as soon as possible.

I think this stuff is rather independent from the rest of the Cocoon
core and should be mature enough to be released. This will hopefully
give us some marketing and attract people. And we can consider this part
as finished/stable for a 2.2 release of Cocoon itself.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect
http://www.s-und-n.de