cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r489224 - in /cocoon/trunk/core: ./ cocoon-blocks-fw/cocoon-blocks-fw-impl/ cocoon-common/ cocoon-common/src/ cocoon-common/src/main/ cocoon-common/src/main/java/ cocoon-common/src/main/java/org/ cocoon-common/src/main/java/org/apache/ coco...
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:16:51 GMT
danielf wrote:
> Author: danielf
> Date: Wed Dec 20 15:35:57 2006
> New Revision: 489224

> Log:
> Further work on splitting the core so that it becomes layered. Created a number of new
modules:

> * cocoon-common - classes needed everywhere: Constants, ProcessingException and their
dependencies.
> * cocoon-configuration - The Settings interface and implementation.
> * cocoon-environment - The Cocoon environment API and the http implementation and some
abstract base classes.
> * cocoon-util - Part of the o.a.c.util package that is needed in the modules listed above.

Hmm, I'm not sure but it seems to me that this is the far opposite to
our old monolithic structure. What is the difference between "common"
and "util"?
We should rethink our environment abstraction as well. As we have
discussed in the past, it would make sense to forget about it and use
the servlet api instead. So I think we should not make this available in
a separate module which will be obsolete soon again. What about adding
this to the pipeline api?

Carsten