cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing to http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:30:55 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>>> I'd say the jar files (cocoon-core, cocoon-template-impl,
>>> cocoon-flowscript-impl, cocoon-blocks-fw-impl) only. The pom
>>> artifacts and the archetypes are pretty useless without Maven so I
>>> don't think it makes much sense to put them there.
>>
>> What's the point of uploading jars to mirrors if nothing usefule can
>> be done with it?
>
> Right, a Maven 2 user wouldn't need them but for those that use an
> alternative build tool, it is the default place where Apache projects
> put there released artifacts and where people look for them.
>
> Also, reading http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html, I understand that
> we have to put our releases there, haven't we?
>
>> It should at least be accompanied with a webapp archive.
>
> would be great
>
>> And source code archives.
>
> right, forgot about the source artifacts.

As Vadim pointed out, the value of publishing all the released artifacts to
http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon isn't high as the usage without Maven requires
some understanding of how Cocoon 2.2 works. As there aren't any guides
available, the barrier for somebody who is unfamiliar will be too high.

On the other hand I want to work on the guide and
http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon is the official location for all Apache releases.

Therefore I would like to see the artifacts being signed and also released from
http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon.

Opinions?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc