cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Gallardo <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Drop JDK1.3 support after 2.1.10 release
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:44:36 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler escribió:
>> I am not so firm in ASF rules.  Does the one who called the vote have
>> the right to withdraw the motion?  Or does somebody else want to call a
>> vote to undo this vote?
>>
> I think you can just withdraw the vote (if you would have a vote to undo
> a vote, someone could vote there -1 ... would be funny somehow)

I already voted -1. :)
> The remaining question is, if we want to keep the notice in the
> status.xml for 2.1.10?

I don't think it is a good idea to keep the notice there. It makes a
precedent that cocoon breaks user contracts and open the door for future
user contract breaks. It is not good for the project reputation. We
worked and cared to keep the java 1.3 compatibilty *only* because we (as
project) told that.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.