cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 - Use a block for the "root" sitemap
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:32:34 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Patrick Refondini wrote:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>>> The root servlet should be mounted at "" not "/". Alexander had the
>>> same problem. So even if I find the current behavior intuitive, no
>>> one else seem to agree ;). So we should probably have special
>>> handling of "/" as you suggest.
>> I just tested "" configuration and it does exactly what I was looking
>> for, uh ! Although having special handling of "/", if found acceptable
>> in term of coding, could be valuable for dummy users like I :O) or
>> those who won't read the docs.
>> Talking about documentation, would this:
>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1291.html
>> be the place where the block protocol and configurations like these
>> could be best described ?
>
> The block documentation should go to
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-core/g5/1266.html or to one
> of its siblings in the menu tree.

The document that you refered to should contain a short recipie how to add
another block to an existing block and continues where "Your first Cocoon
application" (http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1159.html)
and "Your first Cocoon pipeline"
(http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1290.html) end.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc