cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting core
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:39:17 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> I have no real objects, although I have the feeling that we will never
> release a final 2.0.

I guess you meant cocoon-core-2.2, right?

I don't see a problem because when Daniel splits up the core modules, this is,
due to transtive dependencies, completly transparent for somebody who has a
dependency on cocoon-core.

I think we should schedule a next release of cocoon-core-2.2 (+ all dependencies
it requires) as soon as we have split up things as Daniel proposed.

                                    - o -

The challange that I see is how we can create good documentation when we have
many small modules - but drawing an analogy to what Daniel said I think that
answering this question will be easier while we are working on it.

Having said this, I will concentrate on documentation and if some time is left,
I will take a look at cocoon-forms.

It would be great if others could work on getting releases of different blocks
out of the door.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc