cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Splitting core
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 07:13:50 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom skrev:
>> After my refactoring of the pipelines it is hopefully possible to start
>> factoring out the pipelines and the sitemap components to own modules.
>> And thus start the work on making the core more strictly layered.
>>
>> There are probably many more things that needs to be handled to make
>> this possible. I think the best way to find out is to start working on
>> it. So I plan to to that, if no ones protest.
>>
>> My plan is to start factoring out a "cocoon-pipeline-api" containing
>> ProcessingPipeline and all interfaces that it depends on.
>
> I have a working cocoon-pipeline-api on my computer now and will commit
> it in the next few days if no one protests. It looks like this:
>
> org/apache/cocoon:
>    ProcessingException
>
>    components/pipeline:
>      ProcessingPipeline
>
>    environment:
>      Environment
>      SourceResolver
>
>    generation:
>      Generator
>      GeneratorFactory
>
>    reading:
>      Reader
>
>    serialization:
>      Serializer
>      SerializerFactory
>
>    sitemap:
>      SitemapErrorHandler
>      SitemapModelComponent
>      SitemapOutputComponent
>
>    transformation:
>      Transformer
>      TransformerFactory
>
>    util/location:
>      Locatable
>      LocatedException
>      Location
>      LocationUtils
>      LocatableException
>      LocatedRuntimeException
>      LocationImpl
>      MultiLocatable
>
>    xml:
>      XMLConsumer
>      XMLPipe
>      XMLProducer
>
> And pepends on:
>    excalibur-xmlutil:2.1
>    avalon-framework-api:4.3
>    excalibur-sourceresolve:2.1

I have no real objects, although I have the feeling that we will never
release a final 2.0.
Anyway, I think we should find a better solution for the factories
(GeneratorFactory etc.). I think that this can be handled by spring
transparently without the need of an addition factory interface.

For a real pipeline api I would love to have the dependencies to Avalon
removed, like the Parameters object or even the SourceResolver used in
the setup method.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect