cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Releasing from trunk (cocoon-core-2.2.0-M2 and others)
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:47:43 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Hmmm, sorry, i see them now. Not sure what i was looking at then.
> I am happy about the "sources" aspect now, so +1 from me.

fine :-)

> I thought that the "milestone" naming was something leading
> up to a release, and intended for developers.
>
> So at what point do we drop the "-M*" appendage?

Some time ago we decided that we want to name our releases milestones instead of
  beta as long as we don't want to guarentee that the API is stable.

I have no idea when we will drop the -M' appendage. The next steps are providing
documentation and splitting up core as Daniel proposed some hours ago.

When this is done and after getting feedback from a wider audience then a
handful committers, we should turn into RC (release candiate) mode.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc