cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Splitting core
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:03:26 GMT
After my refactoring of the pipelines it is hopefully possible to start
factoring out the pipelines and the sitemap components to own modules.
And thus start the work on making the core more strictly layered.

There are probably many more things that needs to be handled to make
this possible. I think the best way to find out is to start working on
it. So I plan to to that, if no ones protest.

My plan is to start factoring out a "cocoon-pipeline-api" containing
ProcessingPipeline and all interfaces that it depends on.

That part of the work shouldn't affect anyone else as the API is isn't
supposed to be modified often anyway.

When that is finished we could continue with a couple of implementation
modules e.g. a cocoon-pipeline-components for generators, transformers,
serializers and readers, cocoon-pipeline-impl for the actual pipeline
implementation with supporting classes. And maybe some util module for
generally reusable utility components. What is best here will probably
be much easier when we have when have started the work.

I don't think that this is going to destabilize the trunk or delay the
releases. If it does, I'll postpone the work until later.

WDYT?

/Daniel