cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] Debugging and inplace editing
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:30:28 GMT
Bart Molenkamp skrev:
> I'm also wondering if there is a way for the jetty plugin to work on the
> webapp source directory directly (src/main/resources/COB-INF) instead of
> copying stuff to target/my-block-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/. For me, it's not
> really an option to stop/rebuild/start for every sitemap change,
> flowscript change, etc. Changing sources under
> target/my-block-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and copying them back to the source
> directory isn't really an option for me either.
>
> Does someone have a good idea about how to do this?

If you use the trunk in Eclipse with the Eclipse-Jetty plugin, it
already works in the way you ask for. To make it work you need to ensure
that the main webapp has a project dependency on the my-block in Eclipse
(e.g. by running mvn eclipse:eclipse from a top level pom). If it has
Eclipse will have put the contents of my-block/src/main/resources/ on
the classpath used in the main webapp. And the deployer part of Cocoon
that is executed during startup will read the COB-INFs directly from
classpath in the case where there is a file protocol at the classpath.
Only jars are unpacked.

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=116326232408386&w=2
for details about the implementation.

/Daniel