cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Matthias Epheser <matthias.ephe...@gmx.at>
Subject ExpiresCachingProcessingPipeline and cache-expires
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:58:50 GMT
Hi,

Reinhard and me are using an ExpiresCachingProcessingPipeline in one of our
projects.

According to the documentation here
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/components/1063/g1/939.html
it should be possible to declare the expires time in mod_expires style (e.g..
"access plus 4 ours").

After debugging a cache problem, we realised that our "access plus 4 hours" was
overridden by the  <parameter name="cache-expires" value="180"/> default
configuration in the cocoon-core-sitemap.xconf.

Looking into the code showed that the parameter is only initialised using a cast
from long:

this.cacheExpires = this.parameters.getParameterAsLong("cache-expires",
this.defaultCacheExpires);

We couldn't find something about the apache-style support here. We are using a
2.2 development version from about early this year.

Are we missing some point or is the documentation pointing to a feature that
doesn't exist (any more) ?

best regards,

matthias