cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Releasing from trunk (cocoon-core-2.2.0-M2 and others)
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:39:31 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>
>>> One little fix I have encountered yesterday and fixed it this
>>> morning. The deployer-plugin was not
>>> applying xpatches in case of <packaging>war</packageing> (I thought
>>> this was not intended, right?).
>> The deployer plugin hasn't been released this time. I want to work on
>> a second part of release artifacts (deployer, forms, apples, mail)
>> before Xmas, but can't promise it.
>>
> Hi Reinhard,
> maybe I can help with the deployer plugin. What should it do now with
> the current structure? I manage to build 2.2 WARs with my blocks inside
> without the need of the deployer. IIUC it is still needed when reloading
> classloader comes in play, but for doing what?

no, the reloading classloader plugin I'm working on is completly independant
from the deployer plugin.

The deployer plugin only has two features that we really need:

  - patching web.xml (*.xweb)
  - provding a minimal environment to run a block (has been merged into the
    reloading classloader plugin and will become absolete as soon as we can
    release it - we have to wait until commons-jci provides a release which
    won't happen before January)

I think we should release the deployer plugin as it is and after that we should
clean it up and remove everything except the web.xml patching feature.

As, IIRC, Carsten proposed some time ago, this could be also proposed as patch
for the maven-war plugin. As always, the question his if somebody cares about it.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc