cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Accessing environment information in 2.2
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:06:14 GMT
Simone Gianni wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
> maybe I'm missing something, but isn't there a ProcessInfoProvider, with
> which you can access request, response, servlet context and object model
> (and from there all the rest)?

Yes, this is one part of the story. If you're able to get the
ProcessInfoProvider everything is fine. The question is, how can you get
this component if your code is not inside a component/bean?

So my idea is to get the request attributes through a thread local
(spring already provides a mechanism for this), get the application
context from the request attributes (we already put the application
context into the request attributes) and then get the process info
provider from the application context.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler - Chief Architect