cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <>
Subject Re: Cocoon Properties, Re: Cocoon 2.2 Samples Setting MultipartFilter Max Upload Size
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 03:44:32 GMT

Luca Morandini wrote:
> So, the chain you propose is (sorted by order of loading):
> 1) WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/cocoon/properties (block-wide stuff).
> 2) WEB-INF/classes/cocoon/properties (project-wide stuf).
> In truth, I don't find the use of "classes" for configuration stuff
> done outside JARs particularly intuitive... I'd rather stick with
> WEB-INF/cocoon/properties.
One more level is needed which is already in the 2.1 branch (and I
thought 2.2). The system property org.apache.cocoon.settings points to
the directory where properties can be found.  In our environment we
never touch stuff inside war or ear files, especially since they might
not be exploded.

View raw message