cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing to http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:30:28 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>> I'd say the jar files (cocoon-core, cocoon-template-impl,
>> cocoon-flowscript-impl, cocoon-blocks-fw-impl) only. The pom artifacts
>> and the archetypes are pretty useless without Maven so I don't think
>> it makes much sense to put them there.
>
> What's the point of uploading jars to mirrors if nothing usefule can be
> done with it?

Right, a Maven 2 user wouldn't need them but for those that use an alternative
build tool, it is the default place where Apache projects put there released
artifacts and where people look for them.

Also, reading http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html, I understand that we have
to put our releases there, haven't we?

> It should at least be accompanied with a webapp archive.

would be great

> And source code archives.

right, forgot about the source artifacts.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc