cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Crowded cocoon/tags directory
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:14:05 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Marc Portier wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> Since we are releasing artifacts separatly, the cocoon/tags directory in
>>> our SVN gets crowded and I guess that in a couple of months we will have
>>> hundrets of subdirectories there. We should find some way to reduce this
>>> number.
>>>
>>> My first idea was using the year and the quarter as subdirectories:
>>>
>>> cocoon/tags/2006-Q1
>>> cocoon/tags/2006-Q2
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> This way the number of subdirectories should grow in smaller pace. WDOT?
>>>
>> in my experience people don't know/remember the date/quarter of a
>> certain release, so would be hindered in finding back what they are
>> looking for
>>
>> the subdir hierarchy should be build up of stuff they can be normally
>> expected to know, eg
>> 1- major/minor/patch
>> 2- or the various artifact-names
>>
>> (given those are causing this, I'ld go for option 2)
>
> Me too. Kinda Maven repository structure?
>
> artifactId/version/  ?

The problem with it is, that we have to configure it in pom.xml for each module,
the date solution would have worked for all.

Maybe something like this

       <plugin>
         <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>2.0-beta-4</version>
         <configuration>

<tagBase>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/tags/${project.artifactId}</tagBase>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

is resolved correctly and automatically creates missing directories. I will give
it a try next time.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc