cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Crowded cocoon/tags directory
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:58:10 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Since we are releasing artifacts separatly, the cocoon/tags directory in
> our SVN gets crowded and I guess that in a couple of months we will have
> hundrets of subdirectories there. We should find some way to reduce this
> number.
>
> My first idea was using the year and the quarter as subdirectories:
>
> cocoon/tags/2006-Q1
> cocoon/tags/2006-Q2
> etc.
>
> This way the number of subdirectories should grow in smaller pace. WDOT?

in my experience people don't know/remember the date/quarter of a
certain release, so would be hindered in finding back what they are
looking for

the subdir hierarchy should be build up of stuff they can be normally
expected to know, eg
1- major/minor/patch
2- or the various artifact-names

(given those are causing this, I'ld go for option 2)

regards,
-marc=