cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Looking for help in upcoming release
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:55:39 GMT
Hi community,

the Cocoon project is working very hard to release 2.1.10 by Monday,
December 18th.

To meet this goal -- which clearly will benefit all users -- we need
some *specific* QA (quality assurance) input from the user community.
While we believe that the current development version of 2.1.10 is
stable, we would like to prove this by our users.

To help, here's what you need to do:

1. Update your local subversion repository to the *latest* 2.1.10 branch
   version from subversion.
   (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1-X)

2.  ./build.[sh|bat] clean

3. ./build.[sh\bat]

4. Assure that you use the same JDK for running Cocoon that you also
   used for building and start Cocoon by ./cocoon.[sh|bat]

5. Test *all* samples. Hit each and every sample page from links
beginning at http://localhost:8888/samples/

6. Report back on the Cocoon dev list on your findings, good or bad.

7. Make sure you describe your test environment: Platform and JVM,
including version numbers.

8. If you find problems, be specific about the problem description: what
   page, what error, etc.

9. If you can provide a patch/info to fix the problem, even better.

You can also test your Cocoon 2.1.9 applications with the latest version
to check if everything is still working fine.

What we do *not* need:
Please do not submit requests for XYZ features, dreams, etc. Please save
these ideas for future versions. Of course, you are welcome to start an
own thread for this on the dev list as well.

Thanks.

The Cocoon Team

Carsten
--