cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: [2.2] cocoon-batik-impl not working?
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 13:15:20 GMT
I have had the same problem. What happens is that some of the batik
libraries has a transitive dependency on some obsolete version of
avalon-framework. Normally, if there are dependencies of several
different versions of the same library, the latest of the depended
versions will be chosen by Maven.

But in this case the old version of avalon is called something like
"avalon-framework" wile the later ones are spit into an api and an
implementation part. The also have different group ids. In the end the
obsolete Avalon framework versions happens to be earlier in alphabetic
order and by consequence before in search order in the classpath.

You can test if the above is the problem by look if you have to many
Avalon framework libraries in your WEB-INF/lib, and if this is the case
remove it and restart.

To solve the situation one need to analyze how the obsolete
avalon-framework is included in the build. This can be done by building
with the -X switch. Then one can use "exclude" directives in the pom to
turn of the inclusion of the jar.

/Daniel