cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <patrick.refond...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: How to run block built with cocoon-22-archetype-block
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:15:41 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Patrick Refondini wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> please try (IIRC, the only thing you forgot was the blocks-fw-impl
>>> dependency)
>> Indeed blocks-fw-impl was missing !
>>

>> I have tested referencing the a testblock from a testwebapp as follow:
>>
>> Created testblock:
>>
>> mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
>> -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-block
>> -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-M4-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=ch.extentis
>> -DartifactId=testblock
>>
>> Installed testblock
>>
>> Created testwebapp
>>
>> mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
>> -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-22-archetype-webapp
>> -DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=ch.extentis
>> -DartifactId=testwebapp
>>
>> Added testblock dependency to testwebapp POM:
>>
>> <dependency>
>>   <groupId>ch.extentis</groupId>
>>   <artifactId>testblock</artifactId>
>>   <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>> </dependency>
>>
>> Added the following to testwebapp sitemap:
>>
>> <!--  Reference any block by its blockContextURL / mount path ?  -->
>> <map:match pattern="*/**">
>>   <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="blockcontext:/{1}/"/>
>> </map:match>
>
> This shouldn't be necessary to get some result from your testblock as it
> is automaticially mounted.

1. Webapp

Sorry if I have introduced some confusion by talking of webapp
"testwebapp" in a thread titled "How to run block...". I did that test
while lacking to run block directly...

In the context of the web application root "testwebapp" I created with
cocoon-22-archetype-webapp I did not manage to get result from the
testblock in any other way. Given what I read at:

It seems that block protocol is not available from root webapp according to:
http://www.nabble.com/Configuring-BlockServlets-via-properties-and-sitemap-reloading-for-blocks-t2450880.html
Or do I miss something ?

2. Block

Now I finally got block running directly using:
mvn package cocoon:deploy jetty:run

After that the block name "testblock" is available at:
http://localhost:8888/testblock/

Is this the right way to proceed ?

Then in my testblock pom.xml I modified the cocoon-deployer-plugin from
its initial state provided by the archetype:

   <plugin>
     <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
     <artifactId>cocoon-deployer-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M2-SNAPSHOT</version>
   </plugin>

to:

   <plugin>
     <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
     <artifactId>cocoon-deployer-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M2-SNAPSHOT</version>
     <executions>
       <execution>
         <phase>package</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>deploy</goal>
           </goals>
       </execution>
     </executions>
   </plugin>

then the block can simply be run as:
mvn package jetty:run

I am not particularly knowledgeable with that kind of Maven
configurations, its just that its was like this a couple of weeks ago :)

Feedback are welcome as I plan write some "Getting started"
documentation and would avoid writing wrong tips.

TIA,

Patrick