cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Simone Gianni <simo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i18nTransformer problems with static pages
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:29:43 GMT
Mark Lundquist wrote:

> Is there ever a need to retain namespace declarations for namespaces
> that are not actually used in the result document, i.e. for which
> there is no element with that namespace?  I think the idea is to just
> delete extraneous namespace declarations, not to delete them all...
Yep, the problem with this approach is that you manage to know if a
namespace declaration has been used only when you reach the end of the
document (after checking that no element used it), while the declaration
is quite commonly on the root element. Buffering all the SAX event for
each html page served by cocoon would be a problem :)

What i was proposing would be simply to enable it by default (already
too many options in cocoon, and if a page containing a i18n namespace
declaration is not visualized by IE, by default cocoon should not send
it), but limit it's influence on a set of namespaces (all namespaces
http://cocoon.apache.org for example) and eventually have this set
configurable by the user so that there will be no need in the future for
remove-that-certain-unwanted-ns.xsl files :D

Simone