cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Building changes into the top level sitemap
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:49:03 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I am trying to get support for the new Upload Progress Bar working in
> Cocoon 2.2.
>
> I need to add a new system pipeline to the top-level sitemap, like (and
> adjacent to) the one that handles :
>
>     <map:match pattern="_cocoon/resources/*/**">
>
> this is the snippet :
>
>     <map:match pattern="_cocoon/system/*/**">
>       <map:select type="resource-exists">
>         <map:when test="system/{1}/sitemap.xmap">
>           <map:mount src="system/{1}/sitemap.xmap"
> uri-prefix="_cocoon/system/"/>
>         </map:when>
>         <map:otherwise>
>           <map:mount
> src="resource://org/apache/cocoon/{1}/system/sitemap.xmap"
> uri-prefix="_cocoon/system/{1}/"/>
>         </map:otherwise>
>       </map:select>
>     </map:match>
>
> The purpose is to mount Block-Level system pipelines.
>
> I /think/ the place I make this change is in :
>     /core/cocoon-webapp/src/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap
>
> (But TBH I am not sure)
>
> Next I am trying to get this compiled in, so that it is available for
> the 'cocoon-dist-samples' and everything else that may be built from
> this distribution.
>
> I have tried to compile this in, but it never becomes available to the
> samples.
>
> I tried running $ mvn package in both :
>
>     core/cocoon-webapp/
>     dists/cocoon-dist-samples/
>
> Neither results in the changes happening to the file at :
>
>     dists/cocoon-dist-samples/target/cocoon-samples/sitemap.xmap
>
> TBH I find this new build system so deeply opaque, I do not know where
> to start solving this.
> What am I supposed to do ?
>

> Thanks for any suggestions

One of our problems is that we use the styling resources from cocoon-webapp. We
have to move all styling related things into cocoon-samples-style-default and
use it from all our sample blocks instead of using the infamous context protocol.

For system resources we should provide a "system-resources" block. For now it
could be mounted at "_cocoon", later we should install a
LinkRewritingTransformer that is aware of blocks.

One problem with these changes is, that they are incomptable with 2.1. As we are
sharing them across both versions. For this reason I propose to create a
cocoon-forms-samples-22 block that makes use of blocks and we have the
opportunity to tidy up a bit.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc