cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Refondini <>
Subject Re: How to run block built with cocoon-22-archetype-block
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 23:24:39 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Patrick Refondini wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> no, yesterday evening I've started to work on it.
>> Great ! I'll be please to give feedback when it is available.
> please try (IIRC, the only thing you forgot was the blocks-fw-impl
> dependency)
Indeed blocks-fw-impl was missing !

I have tested referencing the a testblock from a testwebapp as follow:

Created testblock:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-M4-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=ch.extentis

Installed testblock

Created testwebapp

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon
-DarchetypeVersion=1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=ch.extentis

Added testblock dependency to testwebapp POM:

Added the following to testwebapp sitemap:

<!--  Reference any block by its blockContextURL / mount path ?  -->

<map:match pattern="*/**">
   <map:mount uri-prefix="{1}" src="blockcontext:/{1}/"/>

Then after
mvn package jetty:run

I could get testblock answer from localhost:8888/testblock/

Is this the right way to proceed for referencing blocks from a webapp ?
I just discovered blockcontext: syntax lately.

>> What else can a user do to help ? Updating related documentation ?
>> I'll have a look to the FAQ.
> Documentation is always welcome! It would be great to have a second
> getting started document ("Getting started in 5 minutes") that explains
> how to connect to another block and how to use inheritance.

View raw message