cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releases from trunk
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:52:48 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>> Unfortunatly we have one showstopper: the dependency of cocoon-core on
>> commons-jci. The problem is that there is no release available and we can't
>> release something if it has a dependency on a snapshot releases.
>>
>> For the time being I only see two options:
>>
>>   a) we get a release of commons-jci within the next few days, or
>>   b) comment dependencies on this library for now
>>
>> As I know about the current workload of Torsten, I don't think that we will get
>> a release very soon. So I guess that only option b) remains. Or is somebody of
>> us willing to support commons-jci to get a release out of the door?
>>
> Let's comment this stuff out, I think we should move this into a
> separate module anyway and keep the core as small as possible.

For the last couple of days I have been working on a reloading classloader web
application wrapper. It reuses your code from the shielding classloader as it
intercepts all calls to servlets, filters and listeners. So far I have an
experimental version running on my laptop. The next step is writing a Maven
plugin that creates a Cocoon web application and integrates the wrapper.

I hope that I can check in a working version of the wrapper and the plugin over
the next days so that others, and especially Torsten can review my work.

If everything works as expected (setting classloaders can sometimes be very
tricky with a lot of strange exceptions) we can discuss whether we need the
feature of setting classloaders at sitemap level at all.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc